Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hey look! A blog!

So erm...hi.  Welcome to my blog.  Well, blog-like substance as it's likely that I'll post for about a week, forget for a little bit, then remember and post for another week.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I'll try to keep up on it as much as I can, though.  This'll mostly be for people wanting to keep up with my life, but since my life isn't that interesting at this moment in time, it'll also be a collection of half-baked philosophical ideas, ramblings, informal reviews of books and movies, etc.  Hopefully you'll find them amusing and if not...oh well.  I'm one of those lame people who amuses myself sometimes, so this gives me something to do.  Since I aspire to be a writer, every now and then I'll probably throw out an idea for a story and ask you, yes YOU, the reader, what you think and if you would read it.  If you want to collaborate on an original fiction (or fan fiction, I'm not finnicky) or just want to throw out an idea of your own, comment or email me and let me know!

So a bit about me if you don't already know.  You know my name so I won't bother telling you, and most people reading this will know that I'm nineteen.  All pretty "duh".  Having escaped the soul-sucking gravitational force that is Ham's casual dining (*cough* sports bar), then calling in sick one day and being called back the next to be informed that I no longer have a job because the restaurant which saved me from Ham's went out of business, I've finally settled on McAlister's Deli.  As you would assume a deli would, they sell sandwiches.  Also, enormous baked potatoes filled with all sorts of delicious stuff along with salads, paninis, pizzas (all flat crust and only three different kinds, mind you), soups, lots of tasty things.  Along with said tasties are desserts which are quite delicious (every time I'm scheduled for 10:30 I get to tempt customers with cookies I made myself that morning). 

I must refrain from the desserts, however, as I'm trying to stay qualified for the United States Air Force.  I've already booked a job as a cryptolinguist and am shipping out to basic on January 4.  Very exciting, yet nervewracking at the same time.  I won't know which language I'm assigned to until about halfway through BMT.  We can put down our top five (I think...maybe three) preferences, but basically it's "you get where we need you."  I'm hoping for a European language ie German, Italian, Russian, Serbian, simply because I want to be stationed in Europe.  I wouldn't complain at Arabic, Farsi, or Pashtu, either.  I'm afraid, however, that I might get stuck with an Asian language, which upsets me because most Asian languages are inflexion based and sound either whiney or angry all the time.  But, let's hope for the best.  Either way, I'm signed for six years and will spend about a year and a half of that, give or take, in Monterey, CA learning this new language.  This means that to stuff into my head in a year and a half what most people learn in four years, I get to spend seven hours a day five days a week in a complete sumbersion class for one language.  Excited? Uh, heck yes!! If I could have done this, but with five different classes, in high school, I would have looked forward to it!  Like maybe...a language, philosophy, religion, history, and English class a piece.  That would have been epic.

So...yes.  There's my life as of late.  Like I said, it's so far not very interesting so once something interesting develops, I'll let you know.  Until then, you'll most likely get one of the other above-mentioned categories or some other randomness or nonsense.  Next topic I think will be "Hamlet."  Not any sort of intellectual treatise or something; I did plenty of that in school.  Mostly the new version featuring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, as well as my love of and/or pity for some of the minor characters.  I may post that tonight, but if not then almost definitely tomorrow.

Until then, don't forget your towel.

2 comments:

  1. I WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A LITTLE STORY CALLED ALL MY FATHERS.

    Yes, that was meant to be shouted in your mind as you read it :)

    And I didn't know all the details about what you're actually doing in the Air Force, cool beans!

    -(In case you didn't already guess) Chelse :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry!! D= *cowers* I've worked on it a little...the Muses have gone on strike. >.< Also, you show up with your real name, Chelse. XD

    ReplyDelete